For new patients - please arrive on time, during the initial visit there is evaluation, as well as, mandatory arbitration consent paperwork to be filled out.
Initial visit: $200 payment is due at the time of service. I will send a claim in to your insurance company for the $200 payment.
Follow-up sessions: ($160 - 1 hr, $120 - 45 minutes) payment is due at the time of service. I will send a claim in to your insurance company for medical treatment.
In order for me to check your individual Out-of-Network deductible, I must have the following information:
Date of Birth
Member ID number and Health care company (e.g. Aetna)
Provider Customer Service 800 number
1). Your In-Network deductible and your Out-of-Network deductibles are different.
2). HMO and EPO plans do not include Out-of-Network specialist evaluation visits within their policies and will not be reimbursable to the patient. HMO and EPO plans are In-Network only.
I am an Out-of-Network provider writing claims for PPO policies only (Preferred Provider Option policies).
Please have your insurance ID card with you for your initial visit or take a picture of front and back and email it to me. If you have any change of insurance plan, home address, or phone number, let me know so I do not bill with incorrect information which will delay your reimbursement unnecessarily by one month.
The companies with a PPO policy that reimburse an Out-of-Network acupuncture physician are:
1) Aetna Choice Plus Open Access PPO
and Choice POS II PPO (Out-of-Network) policies, Aetna Managed Choice pays at a lower % rate
2) Cigna Choice Plus Open Access
and Open Access Plus PPO (Out-of-Network) - offers a partial payment.
3) United Choice Plus PPO
Options PPO (Out-of-Network) policies
4) United Oxford PPO (Preferred Provider Option) out-of-network policies - make sure it is not an EPO policy, which is limited to In-Network providers.
5) Automated Group Administration (AGA) PPO (Out-of-Network) policies
6) Anthem Blue Shield of CA
7) Empire BCBS and some other state BCBS policies (not including Horizon NJ) - checks are sent directly to the patient.
Direct Payment Options:
- Cash, please have exact bills $160.00 as I may not have change.
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Venmo (email@example.com)
- Chase Quickpay: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PayPal: (email@example.com)
- Google Wallet: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- American Express
- Diner's Club International
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay